Sunday, January 25, 2009

More, More, More crazy names

I got to thinking..I actually know some of these people. Well, not celebs, but people who have given their offspring cringe worthy names.

LIKE>>>>>>>>



Navada Durnwald ( a boy, his mother is just. not. right. )



London and Bridge ( 2 different children, same family )



Charlie ( a girl, this is her first name )



Frankie ( a girl..luckily for her, it is just a nickname..full name is Francesca )



DeNeil ( a girl I grew up with )



Cayman and Cayenne ( girls, named for the island and the spice..don't ask )



Jammie ( first name, girl my daughter went to school with..pronounced Jam-mee )



Jazz ( boy, child of daughter's best friend )



Lux ( girl )


Juwanna ( a girl , so named by a friend I went to school with; I tried in vain to stop her, knowing she would get "Juwanna f*ck? by the time she was in highschool. And she did get teased to the point she used her middle name from then on. )



I did manage to discourage my delivery guy from naming his son "J'. His reasoning was: he'll always know how to spell his name, it's easy to remember, no one else has that name. Ummm, unless you are one of the MIB*, you don't call your kid by just an initial. And if your kid requires just an initial to remember his name, there are bigger issues you need to deal with. Kid got named Blake.



And I haven't even scratched the surface. Before learning the baby was a boy, my SIL had

'LUCY LU" picked out for a girl. Wanted to call her 'LuLu" WTF?? The boy got a normal name, thanks to my brother.







MIB*= Men In Black

No comments: